The Samsung Galaxy S8 family comes in 5 wonderful colors: Midnight Black (black), Arctic Silver (Silver), Coral Blue (blue), Maple Gold (gold), and Orchid Grey (Gray). All variants feature a black front, and honestly, they all look striking. This new 5-color line-up is fresh, yet mature and easy on the eyes – it's surprisingly well selected.
Samsung Galaxy S8 comes with a 5.8” panel! new screen has an aspect ratio of 9:18.5. Up until now, phone screens came in the more widespread 9:16 ratio. The Galaxy S8 ' 9:18.5 ratio means its screen is taller than usual. Not necessarily much wider, but considerably taller.
That's more than enough pixels
resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels, resulting in 529 ppi (pixels per inch) – incredible pixel density that makes even tiny fonts appear fine. Other than that, this is an AMOLED display not much different from those of previous top Samsung phones: it gets plenty bright when outdoors, as well as very dim when viewed in the dark, which is all great.
New breed of Android smartphone
Samsung calls it 'infinity phone', due to the super-slim bezels, . It's not only about the thin bezels, or the elegantly curved screen. It's also about the mature and diverse colors, the way it feels in the hand, and the fresh new software experience. All of this, together, makes the Galaxy S8 ’s design stand out from the crowd.
Galaxy S8 is a real eye-catcher
but to be honest, looks are just half of the story here. Equally important is the way the phone feels in the hand, and here it can be described with one word: fantastic!
The Galaxy S8 is of course, a rather big smartphone, but it impresses us with just how seamless it feels. There are no sharp edges, no nasty materials used here: only smooth glass and a polished aluminum frame. The latter is a great design choice by Samsung, as the shiny metal goes well with the glass, and it further enhances the feel and grip in the hand. Speaking of grip, the smooth, glossy surfaces mean the phone literally sticks to your fingers, which is great.
The physical buttons (power, volume, and Bixby)
Don't have legendary level of feel or clickiness, There's no longer a dedicated home button – it's been replaced by an on-screen one, but you can still use it to wake the phone up, thanks to the pressure sensitive sensor in the home button area beneath the screen. Just press firmly in the bottom center area of the S8, and you'll feel a slight vibration, followed by the screen lighting up.
- Body: Polished aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 5 front and back;
- Display: 5.8″ Super AMOLED, 2960x1440px resolution, 18.5:9 (2.06:1) aspect ratio, 529ppi; HDR 10 compliant (no Dolby Vision).
- Rear camera:12MP, f/1.7 aperture, dual pixel phase detection autofocus, OIS; face/smile detection, Multi-Frame Image Processing; 2160p/30fps video recording.
- Front camera: 8MP, f/1.7 aperture, autofocus; 1440p/30fps video recording.
- OS/Software: Android ; Samsung Grace UX; Bixby virtual assistant; Smart Connect, Smart Connect Home
- Chipsets: G950F: Exynos 8895 Octa-core , G950U:Snapdragon 835
- SIM: G950F&G950U Support Single SIM ( Nano-SIM )
- Memory: 4GB of RAM ; 64GB storage; microSD slot for cards up to 256GB, UFS cards support.
- Battery: 3,000mAh Li-Po ( Non-removable );
- Connectivity: USB Type-C (v3.1); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac MU-MIMO; GPS, Beidou, Galileo; NFC; Bluetooth 5.0.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader; iris recognition, face recognition; single speaker on the bottom; 3.5mm jack